1.5mm Travel Mat PU & Natural Rubber
This environmentally-friendly natural rubber mat is foldable to travel with you to your most beautiful retreats.
1) If you use massage oils or body lotions, please shower before practicing yoga.
2) DO NOT DRY OR STORE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
3) Please avoid all yoga mat sprays, washes, and soaps made with ‘essential oils’, tea tree oil, etc. Some oils, by definition, cause slipperiness or corrode rubber.
4) Please do not put in a washing machine.
5) Please do not use harsh chemical cleaners or abrasives.
FOR DAILY CLEANINGS: wipe with a soft cloth and water.
FOR OCCASIONAL DEEP CLEANINGS:
1) PLEASE WASH with a minimal amount of mild soap OR a 50/50 mix of organic cider vinegar and water (1/4 cup combined). Simple soaps like Ivory are best. ‘Moisturizing’ soaps, organic soaps, essential oil soaps may cause slipperiness and be hard to rinse.
2) PLEASE RINSE thoroughly (but please never soak). Rubber is very sponge-like. Minimal amounts of soap will make rinsing easier. The vinegar wash is easier to rinse than soap. A soapy mat will be slippery.
3) PLEASE AIR DRY your mat IN THE SHADE. Drying may take 24-48 hours.
The main reasons why yogis report slipperiness are:
1) Wiping ‘essential oils’ on yoga mats. Some oils cause slipperiness.
2) Leaving soap in the mat after washing.
3) Accumulation of skin lotions and massage oils on mat over time.